For some aspiring OFWs, one of the factors that can make or break their decision to migrate to Australia is the salary. They immediately prepare to move if the job pays well. If you are one of these people, consider contemplating on the information dished by ATO’s Annual Taxation Statistics report.
It showed the highest paying occupations in each state based on the average taxable income. Interestingly, surgeons rose above the pact in all of the states.
Australian Capital Territory
1. Surgeons: A$331,793 (PHP 12,100,746)
2. Anaesthetists: A$319,942 (PHP 11,668,531)
3. Specialist Physicians: A$279,183 (PHP 10,182,019)
New South Wales
1. Surgeons: A$304,398 (PHP 11,101,629)
2. Anaesthetists: A$303,253 (PHP 11,059,870)
3. Financial Dealers: A$285,007 (PHP 10,394,424)
1. Surgeons: A$449,330 (PHP 16,387,411)
2. Anaesthetists: A$327,049 (PHP 11,927,729)
3. Specialist Physicians: A$224,485 (PHP 8,187,140)
1. Surgeons: A$427,543 (PHP 15,592,822)
2. Anaesthetists: A$362,538 (PHP 13,222,040)
3. Specialist Physicians: A$319,014 (PHP 11,634,686)
1. Surgeons: A$363,964 (PHP 13,274,047)
2. Anaesthetists: A$329,104 (PHP 12,002,676)
3. Specialist Physicians: A$303,047 (PHP 11,052,357)
1. Surgeons: A$431,322 (PHP 15,730,645)
2. Specialist Physicians: A$298,327 (PHP 10,880,215)
3. Anaesthetists: A$276,791 (PHP 10,094,781)
1. Surgeons: A$368,863 (PHP 13,452,717)
2. Anaesthetists: A$335,907 (PHP 12,250,787)
3. Specialist Physicians: A$249,395 (PHP 9,095,627)
1. Surgeons: A$475,058 (PHP 17,325,731)
2. Anaesthetists: A$350,341 (PHP 12,777,206)
3. Specialist Physicians: A$322,402 (PHP 11,758,249)
The data above shows that the highest paying jobs in Australia is in the medical field. These skilled professionals earn up to A$37,444 and as low as AU$18,707 per month. Almost all of the Surgeons, Anaesthetists, and Specialist Physicians completed more than 8 years of education and residency programs. Let us look at each occupation with an objective eye:
Many are familiar about the essence of a surgeon’s job. Surgeons use their expertise to treat deformity, injury, and other disorders. They repair bones, correct physical deformities, or administer preventive surgeries on patients using varied instruments. Other responsibilities of the surgeons include the encompassing duties of physicians such as interpreting diagnostic tests and educating patients on preventive care.
Say you approached me two years ago and asked me what an anesthesiologist does. I would envision a delivery room filled with doctors and a woman in labor. That was it! However, living with two doctors broaden my understanding of it.
Anesthesiologists are responsible for pain relief of patients in the delivery room and other wards such as the Intensive Care Unit (ICU). They decrease or diminish the sensation of pain during an operation and other medical procedures.
Specialist Physicians diagnose and treat patients as well as aid other doctors. Here are just some of the most common types:
Gastroenterologist (Digestive System)
In the list with these health care occupations, there is one that is a divergent. This lone runner is the financial dealer. Financial Dealers administer financial market transactions for the client and offer advice on monetary matters. Postgraduate qualifications are usually required to become a successful financial dealer in Australia. In fact, firms recruit candidates that manifest strong academic background.
These information goes to show that nothing worth having comes easy.