- SkillSelect will help the Australian Government in managing who can apply for skilled migration, when they can apply and in what numbers.
- Department of Immigration and Citizenship ensure a time-saving process of visa application.
- SkillSelect will also help to solve the regional skill shortages.
- SkillSelect helps to ensure the skilled migration program is based on the economic needs of Australia.
- SkillSelect allows intending migrants to indicate if they are willing to live and work in regional Australia.
- Subclass 189 Skilled – Independent (Permanent)
- Subclass 190 Skilled – Nominated (Permanent)
- Subclass 489 Skilled – Regional Nominated or Sponsored (Provisional)
- Subclass 132 Business Talent (Permanent)
- Subclass 188 Business Innovation and Investment (Provisional)
You can also express interest in the following visa programs on your EOI to be contacted by an employer.
- Subclass 186 – Employer Nomination Scheme (ENS)
- Subclass 187 – Regional Sponsored Scheme (RSMS)
- Subclass 457 – Temporary Business (Long Stay)
You can express interest in a range of skilled migration visas in one EOI.Before submitting your EOI While you don’t need to submit documents supporting your claims when you submit your EOI, you must have a range of information prepared. You must have documents supporting the claims you make in your EOI ready. An invitation to make a visa application may be issued shortly after you submit your EOI and you will only have 60 days to lodge a complete visa application. Submitting your EOI If you have researched your visa options and prepared the information required, you are ready to submit an EOI. All EOIs must be completed online using SkillSelect. To submit a complete EOI you must meet all the threshold criteria for the relevant visa subclass yo uexpress interest in. If you do not meet the threshold criteria, you will have to deselect the visa before you can submit a complete EOI. There is no fee to submit an EOI in SkillSelect.When you complete your EOI the system will give you a points score and results based on your claims. You can submit your EOI at SkillSelect site. After submitting your EOI Once you have completed your EOI, it is stored in SkillSelect and is valid for two years. You will received a notification from SkillSelect. It is your responsibility to access your EOI and update your details if your circumstances change like gained new work experience, gained a higher qualification, improved your English language ability and/or changed your family composition. If you provide updated information which changes your points score or your ability to make a complete EOI, SkillSelect will update your ranking and ability to be considered for an invitation automatically. Your invitation to lodge a visa application is based only on the information presented in your EOI. Source: http://www.immi.gov.au