To tell you straight to the point, Australian authorities do not require a visa label in your passport to travel, work or live in Australia.All international airlines and cruise ships bound to Australia are required to verify through an Australian authorities that you have an Australian visa before you enter Australia. Your visa status and entitlements can be access on the Visa Entitlement Verification Online (VEVO) system. VEVO is a free online facility that allows visa holders and organisations to see details of current visas. It’s a must that Organisations and individuals register first to access VEVO. When you are in Australia you can access this information using the VEVO system. Employers, banks and government services can also check details about your visa entitlements once they have your consent to do so. Organisations will only see particular information relating to your status and entitlements. The visa holder are provided with more detailed information including:
- class and subclass of your visa
- grant and expiry dates
- grant number
- entries allowed
- all conditions that apply to your visa.
- Australian authorities do not require you to have a visa label in your passport.
- Confirm requirements for visa labels with relevant authorities if you are transiting through or exiting a country.
- Once in Australia you can check your visa information online using VEVO.
- Employers, schools, banks and other organisations can check your entitlements online with your consent using VEVO.